Foreigner who intends to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the Govt. for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa.
a) Entry : No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in the Kingdom of Nepal without valid visa. Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
b) Chinese citizen are requested to apply in Royal Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions as there is no provision of on arrival visa for them.
1. Free visa for all tourists who visit Nepal only for 3 days.
2. Free visa for tourists of SAARC countries and People's Republic of China.
Facilities Duration Fee
- Single entry 60 days from the date of entry US$ 30 or equivalent convertible foreign currency
- Multiple entry do US$ 50 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepalese currency
c) Tourist Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended up to 120 days from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Then after an additional 30 days can be extended from Department of Immigration on reasonable ground, which ensures one's departure from the country within 150 days in one visa year.
1. Tourist visa extension fee and additional late fee are as follows:-
- Visa extension for each additional 30 days ¡ª US$ 30 in equivalent Nepalese currency.
- The provision of single entry reentry and double entry has been revoked.
2. Late fee for regularizing tourist visa US$2 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days. US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 to 90 days. US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days.
3. Fee exemption of tourist visa: Children below 10 yrs. Descendant's up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports, of Nepalese parents or either of their parents is a Nepalese citizen. Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.